- The organization must be located in and/or serving an Encana community.
- The organization should be a registered charity which is eligible to issue official tax receipts for donations, or an established non-profit community organization.
- The organization must be in sound financial condition.
Limitations and exclusions
Except in special circumstances as may be determined by Encana, donations will not be made in support of the following:
- religious organizations (except for those with non-faith based purposes)
- third-party fundraisers
- professional conventions, conferences or seminars, unless industry related
- travel for individuals or groups
- programs located outside of the regions or communities where Encana does business
- political events
Many of our employees offer their time to non-profit and charitable organizations through volunteerism in several areas, from coaching youth sports teams to board participation. Organizations should not assume that Encana employee participation automatically pre-qualifies them for funding.
How to submit a request
Every year, we receive thousands of requests for funding. To ensure these requests move through our review process more efficiently, we have a convenient online application form. Community organizations should use the online form when sending funding requests to our Community Investment team.
The online application will:
- streamline the process and make it easier for us to track your application
- support our commitment to the environment by reducing paper usage
- facilitate a more efficient response to your request because properly completed forms contain most of the information required for initial screening
Apply for a Canadian Grant
Apply now Canada
Apply for a U.S. Grant
Apply now U.S.
After you submit your application
You will receive an email confirmation.
Note: Proposals are reviewed on an ongoing basis. It can take up to six weeks for us to review your request.
We appreciate your patience while we carefully review your request.