Our Operations

By focusing on value over production volume, Encana is focusing 75 percent of its capital program on core growth assets and the remaining 25 percent of capital investments to existing and option value assets.

Core Assets

These liquids rich and oil assets offer high returns, are comprised of high quality rocks, have significant running room and scale and create portfolio optionality. In 2014, Encana is targeting an estimated 90 percent liquids production growth in these assets.


Decades of low cost inventory in northeast British Columbia and northwest Alberta.


A premier position in a world class asset in west central Alberta.

DJ Basin

Delivering high margin liquids production today in northeast Colorado.

San Juan

A first mover in a new oil play in northern New Mexico.

Tuscaloosa Marine Shale

A massive oil resource, ideal for execution at scale in Mississippi and Louisiana.

Base Assets

In addition to our core growth assets, Encana holds a significant collection of base and option value assets located throughout North America. Optimizing base production is another critical component of our strategy.

Deep Panuke – The Deep Panuke gas field is located offshore of Nova Scotia. Read more on the Atlantic Canada community page.

Bighorn - Bighorn is located in west central Alberta.

Clearwater - Clearwater is located across the southern and central portions of Alberta.

Haynesville - The Haynesville shale is a resource play primarily located in Louisiana.

Jonah - Jonah is located in southwest Wyoming. On March 31, 2014 Encana announced an agreement with an affiliate of TPG Capital to sell certain natural gas properties in the Jonah field. Read the press release.

Piceance - Piceance is located in northwest Colorado.

Texas - A resource play located primarily in East Texas.

Horn River - The Horn River is located in northeast British Columbia.

Collingwoood/Utica Shale - The Collingwood/Utica Shale is located in Michigan.


ECA stock price

TSX $25.36 Can -0.180

NYSE $23.00 USD -0.170

As of 2014-04-24 16:00. Minimum 15 minute delay